Why Richardson Endorsed Obama
Well...In regards to Richardson's switching his endorsement to Obama, James Carville has compared Governer Richardson to Judas betraying Christ.
“Mr. Richardson’s endorsement came right around the anniversary of the day when Judas sold out for 30 pieces of silver, so I think the timing is appropriate, if ironic,” Mr. Carville said, referring to Holy Week.
Considering the fact that Richardson is a smart guy with well-developed political chops and five Nobel Peace Prize nominations, he knew full well what he was doing and what the vindictive ire of the Clinton machine would be. Yet, he followed his conscience. He believes, as I do, that Obama is a remarkable leader.
Here are some of Richardson's thoughts.
“Senator Barack Obama addressed the issue of race with the eloquence and sincerity and decency and optimism we have come to expect of him,” he said. “He did not seek to evade tough issues or to soothe us with comforting half-truths. Rather, he inspired us by reminding us of the awesome potential residing in our own responsibility.”
He added: “Senator Obama could have given a safer speech. He is, after all, well ahead in the delegate count for our party’s nomination.”
Mr. Richardson said he was dispirited by the tone of the Democratic nominating fight, reflecting a sentiment that has been increasingly voiced by party leaders. Unlike many others, though, Mr. Richardson placed the blame on Mrs. Clinton.
“I believe the campaign has gotten too negative,” Mr. Richardson said, speaking to reporters in Portland. “I want it to be positive. I think that’s what’s been very good about Senator Obama’s campaign — it’s a positive campaign about hope and opportunity.”
Read the entire New York Times article at:
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/03/22/us/politics/22richardson.html?pagewanted=2&_r=1&th&emc=th
“Mr. Richardson’s endorsement came right around the anniversary of the day when Judas sold out for 30 pieces of silver, so I think the timing is appropriate, if ironic,” Mr. Carville said, referring to Holy Week.
Considering the fact that Richardson is a smart guy with well-developed political chops and five Nobel Peace Prize nominations, he knew full well what he was doing and what the vindictive ire of the Clinton machine would be. Yet, he followed his conscience. He believes, as I do, that Obama is a remarkable leader.
Here are some of Richardson's thoughts.
“Senator Barack Obama addressed the issue of race with the eloquence and sincerity and decency and optimism we have come to expect of him,” he said. “He did not seek to evade tough issues or to soothe us with comforting half-truths. Rather, he inspired us by reminding us of the awesome potential residing in our own responsibility.”
He added: “Senator Obama could have given a safer speech. He is, after all, well ahead in the delegate count for our party’s nomination.”
Mr. Richardson said he was dispirited by the tone of the Democratic nominating fight, reflecting a sentiment that has been increasingly voiced by party leaders. Unlike many others, though, Mr. Richardson placed the blame on Mrs. Clinton.
“I believe the campaign has gotten too negative,” Mr. Richardson said, speaking to reporters in Portland. “I want it to be positive. I think that’s what’s been very good about Senator Obama’s campaign — it’s a positive campaign about hope and opportunity.”
Read the entire New York Times article at:
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/03/22/us/politics/22richardson.html?pagewanted=2&_r=1&th&emc=th

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home