Sunday, February 19, 2006

Instruments of His Love

All my life God has taught me about Love through what and who I have been able to open my heart to. My soul resonated with these teachers…the voice of God in a stand of pine clapping in the wind or the song of morning birds; my injured furgirl Sophie’s willingness to stay and heal; an amazing, soulful cat; the beautiful compassion of a child with Cerebral Palsy; a wounded friend; my gram’s release from this world; laughing, joyful, loving eyes. God has never given up. He always knows what instruments of Love to use to crack my defenses.

I also realized why I need to rehash over and over what has happened. When people are in love their thoughts and conversations center pretty exclusively on their longing for and the beauty they see in their Beloved. New couples talk endlessly about how they met, the serendipitous occurrences that brought them together, their mutual adoration and how their feelings are coloring their lives. Song of Solomon is a great example of mutual longing and adoration that is both a spiritual and passionately human marriage of two souls. Random thought…You know how Rabbis tie the hands of a bride and groom together in a Jewish wedding ceremony. I think Jesus ties our hands to His in the same way.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home