Irrational Submission
Our time is short on this earth. Even a lifetime of 100 years is a short time. My 95 year old grandpa can attest to that. For the first time in my life I see that even if I have doubts Christ is God it's better not to turn away and waste my life looking for rational answers. There are no rational answers. Instead, for me, the better course is to find ways to continue to submit to God’s will. Why do I say this?
In my pride and fear I took my life into my own hands 15 years ago and wasted many precious years. Everything I did during those years was a fear based attempt to control my life and glorify my self instead of God. Ultimately, my accomplishments were all just dust in the wind. They signified nothing. In despair, I finally let go several months ago and, by God’s grace, I feel I've been able to truly and irrationally submit my life to God. I try to submit my mind, my emotions, my imagination, my actions, my words, my body, my soul and my life to Him minute by minute, hour by hour and day by day. I pray God will grant me the strength to continue to keep my eyes on Him and my heart and mind open to His guidance.
Submission is a word many people don’t like to use. I’m not talking about submission to ego based domination. God is unlimited and unconditional Love, unlike the human ego. The submission I’m talking about is letting go of the illusion that I have control over my life and totally trusting my life, temporal and eternal, to the care of a loving and compassionate Father. God is the only true reality. When I submit, I find the reality of God waiting for me. He's always been there waiting for me to open my eyes and see beyond the illusory veil of fear, shame and unhealthy aspects of self control that blind me and keep me trapped in a dark and endless maze called sin. God has given mankind free will so I can chose seperation from God or I can chose to let go of my fears, submit and become one with God through the grace of Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit. That sounds like something you'd read in a Tract but it's actually very real to me.
Submission to God feels like falling in love or releasing physical control over ones voice when singing a high note or parachuting for the first time. It's emotionally painful...it's scary...it's a disorienting free fall. I’ve always feared and resisted any form of submission because I was probably afraid of loss of control and maybe death in both the figurative and literal sense. The amazing thing I've discovered is when I did finally submit completely to Jesus, accepting Him as my loving Master, and let go of the illusion of control over my life I lost nothing and gained everything.
In my pride and fear I took my life into my own hands 15 years ago and wasted many precious years. Everything I did during those years was a fear based attempt to control my life and glorify my self instead of God. Ultimately, my accomplishments were all just dust in the wind. They signified nothing. In despair, I finally let go several months ago and, by God’s grace, I feel I've been able to truly and irrationally submit my life to God. I try to submit my mind, my emotions, my imagination, my actions, my words, my body, my soul and my life to Him minute by minute, hour by hour and day by day. I pray God will grant me the strength to continue to keep my eyes on Him and my heart and mind open to His guidance.
Submission is a word many people don’t like to use. I’m not talking about submission to ego based domination. God is unlimited and unconditional Love, unlike the human ego. The submission I’m talking about is letting go of the illusion that I have control over my life and totally trusting my life, temporal and eternal, to the care of a loving and compassionate Father. God is the only true reality. When I submit, I find the reality of God waiting for me. He's always been there waiting for me to open my eyes and see beyond the illusory veil of fear, shame and unhealthy aspects of self control that blind me and keep me trapped in a dark and endless maze called sin. God has given mankind free will so I can chose seperation from God or I can chose to let go of my fears, submit and become one with God through the grace of Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit. That sounds like something you'd read in a Tract but it's actually very real to me.
Submission to God feels like falling in love or releasing physical control over ones voice when singing a high note or parachuting for the first time. It's emotionally painful...it's scary...it's a disorienting free fall. I’ve always feared and resisted any form of submission because I was probably afraid of loss of control and maybe death in both the figurative and literal sense. The amazing thing I've discovered is when I did finally submit completely to Jesus, accepting Him as my loving Master, and let go of the illusion of control over my life I lost nothing and gained everything.
Labels: Holy Spirit, Ruminations

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home