Jesus Was A Carpenter
It just struck me tonight (and it's way too late to be blogging considering I have to get up at 5:30 am) that Jesus is always portrayed doing finish work...planing and delicately tapping together rustic furniture. In movies and paintings, Jesus always has clean, manicured, slender hands...not the beautifully scarred and calloused hands of a workman. I bet Jesus was tough as nails, sunburned and scraped up from doing grunt work for his older dad. I suspect Jesus logged and chopped and framed up the houses as well as doing finish work and furniture construction. That's what a loving, oldest son would have done. And since they were humble folk, I doubt Joseph & Sons contracted out work. Yes, I have a feeling Jesus was a robust, physically strong, energetic person who actively and respectfully offered new Life to all men and woman with a beautiful energy that radiated bright, gentle, manly strength and Godly Love.
Labels: Ruminations

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home