Thursday, September 14, 2006

Reverance For Bodies of Energy

This is the end of my second week teaching a first grade class at a local Catholic school. My second day in the classroom I experienced a panic attack during which I asked God, "How can anyone do this job five days a week for a year?" It's the hardest job I've ever had...and I only have 11 students.

Well the energetic bodies are my class of first grade students who went wild today. After running full speed all of over the playground, smacking into doors, suffering paper cuts and skinned knees, having convenient tummy aches during math and complaining pitifully about miniscule "ouies", one fingernail scissor stabbing later they cheerfully skipped to the pick area to go home and I went back to the classroom to attempt to put together a meaningful, individualized homework packet. I did not sit down once the entire day.

I guess the drop in barometric pressure today triggered their wee brains and they all turned into screaming Tasmanian Devils. Luckily, an almost full Bean Jar (The last handful of the day filled the jar so...pizza party tomorrow...I'm not sure how I'm going to keep the pizza hot) and my gutwrenching Island competition kept them in check while inside. They deserve kudos for their tremendous attempts to still bodies and focus minds on being quiet bunnies in the hallway, finishing the rather boring HM worksheets, apologizing for personal insults and "retaliation tattling" as well as asking forgiveness for inappropriately saying "Hey, lady!" to their teacher. I did stoop to asking them if Jesus would have gone "Njah, njah, njah" to those less fortunate?

The Desk Island of Hawaii were the big winners today (that group is on the ball...future CEOs). Post potty time and recess they were first to get their heads down on their desks the greater percentage of the day, so they won the end of the day jelly bean/sticker reward. Mousy Dance Island and The Island of Texas will have another chance tomorrow. Now I just gotta keep my rewards system from getting too complex, stay positive and think of some "funner" math games and such.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Value yourself - I value peace of mind and the upwelling of spontaneous creative joy. I value my personal beliefs and boundaries. I value my mind, body, and spirit. I am worthy of respect and I am worthy of love. I am a dancer who refuses to be bound by the limitations of ignorance and fear. I will accept nothing less than the clear cleansing draught of universal consciousness ...the waves of sound and light that wash delusion from my eyes, ears and heart. I have the discipline to realize harmony, wholeness and loving expression. The inner pressure builds until I find myself turning from human relationships and their many distractions to a relationship with myself and with art... I woke up this morning wondering if my creativity is the flower of my loneliness...my inner voices speaking into a silent room, which suddenly becomes universally large. Like Jacob I am alone wrestling with God ...my body...my ego...my destiny.
Bonnie to Sis

p.s. dad helped us steal this and know how to write it.

9:02 PM  
Blogger Michelle Coder said...

Are fur children ever really lonely...blessed as they are to know God without fear? But, yes, we humans are lonely, solitary beings. Seperated by willfulness we seek and wrestle with our gods until the moment we see God in another's eyes. Then our hearts fly to that light. Why, we ask, do we seek something we cannot understand, control and only be? Because God became man and Love our truest destiny.

9:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home