Wholeness
In answer to a friend...
Jesus made whole what man had torn asunder...that is wholeness in true union with God. Wholeness is not given only to those who do good works, have great mental focus or are exceptionally pure of heart. Wholeness is the result God's gift of faith by surrender to God's will. Once I surrendered, God effected a real change within me through the work of the Holy Spirit. I died to the material self and was reborn as newly sanctified creature washed in the blood of the lamb. My physical self now is instructed by the Holy Spirit. But I have free will. As I choose to listen and allow God to bring the physical and spiritual aspects of my being into greater harmony, I enjoy more peace and wholeness of being.
This ultimate union with God is spoken of in all meditative traditions.
Jesus made whole what man had torn asunder...that is wholeness in true union with God. Wholeness is not given only to those who do good works, have great mental focus or are exceptionally pure of heart. Wholeness is the result God's gift of faith by surrender to God's will. Once I surrendered, God effected a real change within me through the work of the Holy Spirit. I died to the material self and was reborn as newly sanctified creature washed in the blood of the lamb. My physical self now is instructed by the Holy Spirit. But I have free will. As I choose to listen and allow God to bring the physical and spiritual aspects of my being into greater harmony, I enjoy more peace and wholeness of being.
This ultimate union with God is spoken of in all meditative traditions.

1 Comments:
That is a very beautiful thought. I pray the Karmic fulfillment of its realization is less cruel than my brothers.
Post a Comment
<< Home