Saturday, October 13, 2007

The Benefits of Hugging

"Hugging is healthy: it helps the body's immunity system, it keeps you healthier, it cures depression, it reduces stress, it induces sleep, it's invigorating, it's rejuvenating, it has no unpleasant side effects, and hugging is nothing less than a miracle drug.

Hugging is all natural: it is organic, naturally sweet, it has no pesticides, no preservatives, no artificial ingredients, and is 100% wholesome.

Hugging is practically perfect: there are no movable parts, no batteries to replace, no periodic check-ups, has low energy consumption, high energy yield, is inflation-proof, non-fattening, has no monthly payments, no insurance requirements, is theft-proof, non-taxable, non-polluting, and is, of course, fully refundable."

-- Sharon Lindsey --

I've had my own miraculous hugging stories throughout my life. It was huggy fellow music students who helped me overcome my shyness in college and - this week - it was hugging that helped save the life of my rabbit, Morgan.

Four days ago, Morgan developed a stomach disruption, a deadly situation for a rabbit. I have been so busy with a play, I haven't been able to give him very much attention for two weeks. Rabbits are very social and so I guess he got depressed. That, and some additional stressors, upset his system. The cure consisted of antigas meds, force feeding baby food and lots of hugs and kisses. After three days of attention, his digestive system started working again. Happily, I get to have my sweet Morgan for awhile longer and benefit myself from mini-lop hug therapy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home