Cognitive Overload
I don't think I have experienced a cognitive overload since my junior year in college, but here it is again. My poor little brain can't fit any more information into the ol' gray matter. Boom! I've hit the wall...found my way back into the "blank stare and I don't care" reality that took me down that junior year long ago. Luckily, I'm an older and wiser girl who understands I'm not invincible.
I HAVE to carve some alone time out of each day. Being quiet nourishes the soul. Having time for quiet, artistics and creative pursuits enriches the spirit. Being able to take a whole day off and hike deep into nowhere to feast our hungry eyes on tall trees dancing in the wind cleanses the whole being.
Now I know why religious teachers tell us to set aside a time to meditate or pray each day. It is way to center ourselves in the midst of the storm.
I HAVE to carve some alone time out of each day. Being quiet nourishes the soul. Having time for quiet, artistics and creative pursuits enriches the spirit. Being able to take a whole day off and hike deep into nowhere to feast our hungry eyes on tall trees dancing in the wind cleanses the whole being.
Now I know why religious teachers tell us to set aside a time to meditate or pray each day. It is way to center ourselves in the midst of the storm.

1 Comments:
Anonymous loves you. Go see into the wild.
Post a Comment
<< Home