Saturday, November 17, 2007

Hospitality for Ugly Enemies

I was recently talking to an accompanist about a Lutheran church study group that invited people of different faiths to talk to the group. After the lecture/discussion they studied that religion or belief for three weeks. The purpose of this outreach was to look for connecting points with other religious beliefs and gain a deeper understanding of other religions. This was not done to make the group members more effective at trying to convert those of other religions, but was done to help understand, respect and love those who do not share common beliefs. This is a beautiful example of unconditional Love and peace in action in the world. We think that we cannot do anything that will change the world...but we can change ourselves. And by living in Love we demonstrate Love is possible.

I found this interesting article on Sojourners. I like the Bono quotes.

Hospitality for ugly enemies – Brian McLaren

http://blog.beliefnet.com/godspolitics/2007/11/hospitality-for-ugly-enemies-b.html

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home