Obama on MySpace T.V. Spot
Interesting. I just watched part of the MySpace sponsored town hall for young people on KCRA. Obama answered questions with his usual authenticity and I was impressed. What was interesting was when his answers in total where pie charted at the end there was an even split between voters who would and would not vote for him. The moderator claimed it appeared "young people" in America were still questioning his experience.
Appearances are deceiving.
First of all who were the "youth" that voted? Myspace has a wide demographic with higher percentage of teens and young adults from middle and lower income homes as well as higher numbers of young people in bluecollar jobs. I wonder what the break down is in terms of political leanings on the site. How informed were these voters?
Secondly, Rubert Murdoch owns MySpace. From all reports Rubert's driving life force is finance and compulsive control. I just read a piece on NewsMax.com in which it was reported Murdoch is tiring of his British media holdings because the parliament is starting to initiate serious investigations into media monopolies. Murdoch apparently loves his new U.S. Dow Jones/Wall Street Journal acquisition and is focusing his attention on developing a handy little media empire in more receptive U.S. mediated waters. One wonders if MySpace could have footed the bill for this MySpace candidate question and answer forum without the guidance and financial support of Murdoch. It is also interesting to try to figure out which way Murdoch is flopping. It's not hard to predict he'll flop where the best eats are...being a carnivores old Empire building shark. I still can't figure out his Post's endorsement of Obama...is it smoke and mirrors or is it, as he states, just based on economic hardball with the Times. Incidentally, I thought Murdoch owned the New York Times but apparently he doesn't.
70% of MoveOns more liberally oriented youth voted for Obama in a virtual election.
I'm taking MySpace polls with a grain of salt.
Appearances are deceiving.
First of all who were the "youth" that voted? Myspace has a wide demographic with higher percentage of teens and young adults from middle and lower income homes as well as higher numbers of young people in bluecollar jobs. I wonder what the break down is in terms of political leanings on the site. How informed were these voters?
Secondly, Rubert Murdoch owns MySpace. From all reports Rubert's driving life force is finance and compulsive control. I just read a piece on NewsMax.com in which it was reported Murdoch is tiring of his British media holdings because the parliament is starting to initiate serious investigations into media monopolies. Murdoch apparently loves his new U.S. Dow Jones/Wall Street Journal acquisition and is focusing his attention on developing a handy little media empire in more receptive U.S. mediated waters. One wonders if MySpace could have footed the bill for this MySpace candidate question and answer forum without the guidance and financial support of Murdoch. It is also interesting to try to figure out which way Murdoch is flopping. It's not hard to predict he'll flop where the best eats are...being a carnivores old Empire building shark. I still can't figure out his Post's endorsement of Obama...is it smoke and mirrors or is it, as he states, just based on economic hardball with the Times. Incidentally, I thought Murdoch owned the New York Times but apparently he doesn't.
70% of MoveOns more liberally oriented youth voted for Obama in a virtual election.
I'm taking MySpace polls with a grain of salt.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home