Ahhhh....Sob!
The weight I've been wearing on my shoulders for the last year has lifted. I just clicked the button that sent my Masters thesis on it's merry way...I hope. My squinting, bloodshot eyes are smiling. Now, I need to wait and see if my teacher accepts it. I'm just glad I finished the dang thing.
One of the really interesting things I learned while doing this project on the effects of music on emotional and behavioral problems, is the prisons in the U.S. are fast becoming mental hospitals. 90% of the kids in the juvenile justice system have some form of emotional and/or behavioral disability and probably only the most severe cases (SED) about 3 to 30% (no one knows the real number of cases) received either mental health or SPED services when they were kids. And since ADHD isn't recognized by the gov. as a legit disability them kids ain't getting much...so a lot of them end up the prisons too. Aparently, EBD and ADHD are on the rise and the rising numbers are becoming a National crisis 'cause no one wants to foot the bill. Blame it on the culture...yep! I always say we're doing some pretty scary neurological and hormonal experiments on our kids...T.V., video games, phones, computors, growth hormone, plastic food trays, water bottles, toxins everywhere...who knows what happening in those little brains. Yeah, I sound nerotic? Just go hang out in some SED classes for a while...we're getting more and more kids with serious mental problems. Remember what the world had become like in the movie Blade Runner?
The horrifying news is the schools throughout the nation intentionally doesn't identify these kids because there's no government funding for them...just another way the richest country in the world serves it's people. Well if we can't buy stuff from China, at least we'll be able to convert the prisons into factories...it's real cheap labor.
And with that last cynical comment of the year I'm off to sleep.
But wait! One more tired, cynical shot before I rest...I was watching Fox Business channel (not by choice) today and the thirtysomething goofballs on some innanely hip business show were hee hawing about how they hoped Pakistan would "get Capitalism" now that "what's her name is dead"...that was said with a big toothy smile and about as much compassion as a rock...no a rock has more compassion. Of course the "older" gent on the show looked a bit shaken and pointed out peace and freedom might be nice first. Yeah! Yeah! the news personalities chanted...gotta have that first. Right! Pretty scary stuff! At least I had fun watching the "body language lady" (a two hour special, by viewer request) defend Rosie O'Donnell's body language confirmed conviction (translation: O'Donnel's body language proves she believes what she says). The BLL smartly held her ground despite O'Reilly's huffing and puffing about Rosie being a nut case because she has extreme poltical views...right back atcha Bill. I never noticed this before but both of those mortal enemies names start with "O". Was Bill from the town o' Reilly and Rosie from the town o' Donnell? Truly...pity me...I'm sure I can conjure up every bizarre detail of that conversation.
Anyone out there want to take this one on? I was thinking about this the other day...
What would Jesus say about Capitalism?
Happy New Year!!!!
One of the really interesting things I learned while doing this project on the effects of music on emotional and behavioral problems, is the prisons in the U.S. are fast becoming mental hospitals. 90% of the kids in the juvenile justice system have some form of emotional and/or behavioral disability and probably only the most severe cases (SED) about 3 to 30% (no one knows the real number of cases) received either mental health or SPED services when they were kids. And since ADHD isn't recognized by the gov. as a legit disability them kids ain't getting much...so a lot of them end up the prisons too. Aparently, EBD and ADHD are on the rise and the rising numbers are becoming a National crisis 'cause no one wants to foot the bill. Blame it on the culture...yep! I always say we're doing some pretty scary neurological and hormonal experiments on our kids...T.V., video games, phones, computors, growth hormone, plastic food trays, water bottles, toxins everywhere...who knows what happening in those little brains. Yeah, I sound nerotic? Just go hang out in some SED classes for a while...we're getting more and more kids with serious mental problems. Remember what the world had become like in the movie Blade Runner?
The horrifying news is the schools throughout the nation intentionally doesn't identify these kids because there's no government funding for them...just another way the richest country in the world serves it's people. Well if we can't buy stuff from China, at least we'll be able to convert the prisons into factories...it's real cheap labor.
And with that last cynical comment of the year I'm off to sleep.
But wait! One more tired, cynical shot before I rest...I was watching Fox Business channel (not by choice) today and the thirtysomething goofballs on some innanely hip business show were hee hawing about how they hoped Pakistan would "get Capitalism" now that "what's her name is dead"...that was said with a big toothy smile and about as much compassion as a rock...no a rock has more compassion. Of course the "older" gent on the show looked a bit shaken and pointed out peace and freedom might be nice first. Yeah! Yeah! the news personalities chanted...gotta have that first. Right! Pretty scary stuff! At least I had fun watching the "body language lady" (a two hour special, by viewer request) defend Rosie O'Donnell's body language confirmed conviction (translation: O'Donnel's body language proves she believes what she says). The BLL smartly held her ground despite O'Reilly's huffing and puffing about Rosie being a nut case because she has extreme poltical views...right back atcha Bill. I never noticed this before but both of those mortal enemies names start with "O". Was Bill from the town o' Reilly and Rosie from the town o' Donnell? Truly...pity me...I'm sure I can conjure up every bizarre detail of that conversation.
Anyone out there want to take this one on? I was thinking about this the other day...
What would Jesus say about Capitalism?
Happy New Year!!!!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home