Being Forgiveness
We must experience love to know how to Love. We must be forgiven to know how to Forgive. Forgive as you have been forgiven is not an admonishment but a blessing. Christ did not preach about behavioral rules but states of being. The degree to which you chose to submit your will and open your heart to God is the degree to which you are choosing to participate in Love and in Forgiveness. Loving and Forgiving are not something you do but something you are.
This is something I'm being confronted with right now...my lack of forgiveness and loving. God doesn't just "poof" make us perfectly forgiving and loving after we submit our will to him. Personally, I know God has changed the condition of my heart and I am more aware of the times I chose to separate myself from Love, but actively being loving to myself and others seems to be a choice. It seems to be a choice to staying open heart mind and soul to being Loving and Forgiving, even if there is a possibility of being hurt, supported in the experience of God's unconditionally Love and gift of Life.
This is something I'm being confronted with right now...my lack of forgiveness and loving. God doesn't just "poof" make us perfectly forgiving and loving after we submit our will to him. Personally, I know God has changed the condition of my heart and I am more aware of the times I chose to separate myself from Love, but actively being loving to myself and others seems to be a choice. It seems to be a choice to staying open heart mind and soul to being Loving and Forgiving, even if there is a possibility of being hurt, supported in the experience of God's unconditionally Love and gift of Life.

4 Comments:
When we stand before the Creation, we do not
fear our trespass, nor our wrong passage. After our great life journey, it is only the remains of our ego that fear what has now become the light of true understanding and right passage, for immersed in this light the ego is unmade revealing our true self.
Fear is a constriction that seperates us from God...it holds us in this plane. Our ego is also part of our body and causes us to see God through the lense of our personal delusions. God is not punative.
There is hope for you yet pilgrim, even though I hold little for my self. You once said,"you can do that" as I stood quaking before trying to cross the ice shelve atop Shasta. Thanks again!
When we come face to face with God His Light will consume all but the good we have in us. That is why God is called a consuming fire. This is His nature...he is Good and all that is not Good cannot exist in his presence.
According to Jesus teachings his sacrifice made it possible for all people to Live forever. It is God's desire that we are able to remain intact in His fierce Love. That is why he reached out to creation, became the new Adam and forgave us.
Post a Comment
<< Home