Saturday, May 03, 2008

Is Love A Choice?

In the recent past, I remember writing about Love...journaling about my personal exploration with spiritual conversion four years ago. Even then, I wondered how long the euphoria of that experience would last. Interestingly, I didn't felt my heart closing in the last few months. How did I begin to lose my spiritual senses? I guess having a hardened heart is a condition I'm very familiar with so I didn't notice the slow, spiritual solidification.

Well...last night, like a drowning person breaking through the surface of a lake, I sat up gasping for reality. Squinted into the light, I realized I have been asleep, wrapped in a cocoon of unhealthy choices and mind numbing distractions. I reached out in search of the memory, the feeling of Love. Then it struck me... Love is not a feeling. Love is a choice. While I believe all beings exist eternally in Love because we are Loved by God, I suspect we must make a conscious choice to partake of that Love. We partake of Love by choosing to actively Love. I must chose to Love what I may feel is unlovable.

So, can I chose to Love....choose to express Love energy - or - I can chose to close my heart to expressing Love in the world and find bitter satisfaction in Lovelessness. Whatever my choice, I bring that choice into the world as I interact actively with the world. When I am spiritually awake, I can recognize that the energy I emit returns in kind. That seems to be the gauge, the result, what has been called "the judgement" of my be-ing in the world.

I am free to choose to be or not to be...to Love or not to Love.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

He began shivering, as he walked stoically across the battlefield. They lay bloodied and torn at his feet, friends and metaphors he had once known and loved, abandoned as if reason could show cause. Was this the beginning, or in fact, some symbolic ending, disguised as a beginning impersonating an ending. Was she really considering a switch to Hillary and Bill? Had the though of strangely moist cigars finally taken its toll? Will she stay the fight, or just drift into the West, awaiting the awakening?

3:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home