Morality and the State of Grace
I've been trying to define morality and grace and realize I'm getting caught up in a mind maze. I think Jesus keeps morality pretty simple...love your neighbor as yourself and love the Lord your God with all your heart, mind and soul.
I've come to believe all mankind is in a state of grace because of Christ's death and resurrection. He made it possible for all men to have what is popularly called a personal relationship wth God/Christ throught the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit teaches and transforms us to the degree to which we are willing to surrender to God's will. We no longer need intercession nor do we need to live the life of a saint to be one with God. God's state of grace is a free gift.
I've come to believe all mankind is in a state of grace because of Christ's death and resurrection. He made it possible for all men to have what is popularly called a personal relationship wth God/Christ throught the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit teaches and transforms us to the degree to which we are willing to surrender to God's will. We no longer need intercession nor do we need to live the life of a saint to be one with God. God's state of grace is a free gift.
Labels: Ruminations

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home