Learning to Love
When we are in the presence of our Beloved, we are in a safe and sacred place. In this holy place, we find tenderness and our hearts are open to Love. We cherish and adore our Beloved in a way that is beyond understanding. Together with our Beloved in Love, we feel joy and a reverent passion that is one of the most beautiful expressions of that joy. Our Love is a place of refuge.
I've been praying lately for God to show me how to truly love Jesus as a friend, but in reverence, for he is God. I asked to be open to his Love and be able to truly embrace and cherish Him. One part of God’s answer came last Sunday when my pastor talked about how God gives us a mission to learn to love certain people, and how these relationships are used by God to teach us to experience right relationship and unity with Him. Then this morning, I realized those who are Beloved to us are truly the face of God…the path…the way through which we can learn to Love Him. If we bring those with whom we have an experience of true and tender Love…spouses, lovers, parents, siblings, friends, acquaintances, pets…any being we have opened our heart to…those we cherish and adore…those in whom we have felt evidence of real Love…those with whom we have felt a deep and abiding peace…if we bring all those who are precious to us to Jesus’ feet as an offering, as we kneel in adoration before these dear faces, we can see the face of Jesus and adore Him.
I've been praying lately for God to show me how to truly love Jesus as a friend, but in reverence, for he is God. I asked to be open to his Love and be able to truly embrace and cherish Him. One part of God’s answer came last Sunday when my pastor talked about how God gives us a mission to learn to love certain people, and how these relationships are used by God to teach us to experience right relationship and unity with Him. Then this morning, I realized those who are Beloved to us are truly the face of God…the path…the way through which we can learn to Love Him. If we bring those with whom we have an experience of true and tender Love…spouses, lovers, parents, siblings, friends, acquaintances, pets…any being we have opened our heart to…those we cherish and adore…those in whom we have felt evidence of real Love…those with whom we have felt a deep and abiding peace…if we bring all those who are precious to us to Jesus’ feet as an offering, as we kneel in adoration before these dear faces, we can see the face of Jesus and adore Him.
Labels: Love, Ruminations

3 Comments:
There is so much hardship in aspiring so greatly. You are made of these thing if you allow their truth.
Every gift has a corresponding burden. I guess that's why envy is so meaningless. I'm actually not aspiring. (: I received a free gift of Grace, walked through a door and there's an angel guarding the way back. In the process, I've been changed. It's a good and healthy thing. I trust God and so I'm trying to stay open to His will and learn to truly love people.
Well...actually...I imagine there's an angel keeping me on the straight and narrow. I'm thankful for friend's prayers in that respect.
Post a Comment
<< Home