Comment on Galactic Marriage
Georgia O'keefe - PoppiesWell...I looked at the Reuter's description of the cosmic event recently captured by the Hubble Telescope and realized that it might have come across that I think marriage is a violent collision. I don't. I just liked the idea that these two galaxies collided and new stars were born...I didn't think much beyond that. I guess the newswriter used a marriage analogy because if he/she said the collision of the two galaxies was any other kind of physical union it would have sounded crass. That said, I guess, to some love and marriage might feel like a collision...especially if there's a lot of drama.
To me, marriage has been hard to accept as a possibility. For many years, I avoided marriage, all the while trying to figure out why I was scared of it. Part of the gift of re-birth in the Spirit this year seems to be a change of heart about marriage that leaves me stunned. Like all the spiritual and emotional shifts I've been experiencing, I know this is a gift. Considering my current situation, I don't understand God's timing or purpose. I know if I close my heart to this realization and experience I will close my heart to Love in it's entirety, so I am trying to keep my heart open to and learn what I can. It's proving to be both an incredibly beautiful and painful lesson.
Like Laurie Lewis says in her song " Love Chooses You" off her album "Earth and Sky"...
Love comes unbidden,
it can't be forbidden,
it takes you and shakes you right down to your shoes....
Love cuts like a torch to a heart behind steel
and though you may hide it,
love knows how you feel....
You can't choose who you love, love chooses you.
I agree Love does seem to chose you. Frankly, I feel folks shouldn't marry until the love they feel for another is spiritually true, deeply compassionate and eternally tender. That sounds like a tall order but that is the reality I'm feeling. Praise God for allowing my soul to experience this passionate celebration of tenderness.
Labels: Marriage, Ruminations

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home