An Attitude of Reverence
Whenever we say prayer in the mornings, the Sister asks everyone to prepare to share an attitude of reverence...we are in the presence of God. She waits quietly as the children and teens respond by quieting their active bodies and folding their hands. After the first week I participated in morning prayer, the phrase "attitude of reverence" began to leave an impression.
How can I have an attitude of reverence all day, being that I am always in the presence of God? God help me keep your Word always on my lips. Help me see Jesus in every face and truly love. Help me manifest a reverence for life as Albert Schweitzer and St. Francis did. I always say a prayer of release when I see a dead animal by the roadside and it's always been easier for me to open my heart in love to and forgive those who are innocent. But help me to love all creatures, all people, no matter what. Give me a tender, gentle and compassionate spirit. Give me patience. Teach me to always love.
Yes, when I'm frustrated and angry I can choose to pause before I speak and realize God is by my side gently reminding me to bring Light and Love into each moment of this precious gift of Life... to be a Light reflecting His peace in the world.
Jesus hold me.
How can I have an attitude of reverence all day, being that I am always in the presence of God? God help me keep your Word always on my lips. Help me see Jesus in every face and truly love. Help me manifest a reverence for life as Albert Schweitzer and St. Francis did. I always say a prayer of release when I see a dead animal by the roadside and it's always been easier for me to open my heart in love to and forgive those who are innocent. But help me to love all creatures, all people, no matter what. Give me a tender, gentle and compassionate spirit. Give me patience. Teach me to always love.
Yes, when I'm frustrated and angry I can choose to pause before I speak and realize God is by my side gently reminding me to bring Light and Love into each moment of this precious gift of Life... to be a Light reflecting His peace in the world.
Jesus hold me.
Labels: Ruminations

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home