Monday, October 02, 2006

A Blast From the Past

Our house is full of my niece's sounds...constant cell phone chatter, a clicking computer keyboard and her favorite music which, thank heavens, is not rap or heavy metal. She really likes Supertramp, also my brother's favorite band in highschool. I remember, I used to like the Logical Song and, after listening to it while driving to Johanns to buy material for a homecoming dress, it still rings true today. So many young and old in our culture do not know who they are or why they are. They seem to be drifting from one amusement and distraction to the other and, like the cursed pirates in Pirates of the Carribean, nothing quenches their thirst.

John 4:13 "...whoever drinks the water I give him will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life."

The Logical Song - Supertramp

When I was young, it seemed that life was so wonderful,
a miracle, oh it was beautiful, magical.
And all the birds in the trees, well they'd be singing so happily,
joyfully, playfully watching me.
But then they send me away to teach me how to be sensible,
logical, responsible, practical.
And they showed me a world where I could be so dependable,
clinical, intellectual, cynical.

There are times when all the world's asleep,
The questions run too deep for such a simple man
Won't you please, please tell me what we've learned
I know it sounds absurd but please tell me who I am

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
liberal, fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
acceptable, respectable, presentable, a vegetable!

At night, when all the world's asleep,
The questions run so deep for such a simple man
Won't you please, please tell me what we've learned
I know it sounds absurd but please tell me who I am

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home