Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Love is All You Need?

Let no one be discouraged by the belief there is nothing one man or one woman can do against the enormous array of the world's ills, against misery and ignorance, injustice and violence. ... Few will have the greatness to bend history itself, but each of us can work to change a small portion of events, and in the total of all those acts will be written the history of our generation.

- Robert F. Kennedy

I've learned the hard way that if I can't change or control those I love, I certainly cannot change others in my immediate world, societies or world governments. People must choose to change. I'm glad because without free choice we'd be robots. God didn't want robots. He wanted a real relationship with us, so he gave us the power to choose...light or darkness...to see or not to see...to love or not to love...to surrender to God's will or reject Him. And even though we can't change others, we can allow God to change us. And whether we choose God or not, our choices do positively and negatively affect others. Choosing to be open to Godly Love, and then reflecting Love to those in our immediate world, demonstrates the reality and power of Love.

I choose to be a servant of God and not a servant of the World. I choose to open my heart and surrender to God as my Lord. When I surrendered I didn't expect any gifts...I reached out in desperation. But amazingly, God did give me the gift of Faith and His Truth has become self-evident in my heart. I say this not to brag but to acknowledge a mysterious, spiritual reality. God's purpose in all this is clear. He saves us in order to save the world through us. We are to do His work. And this work is to love those in our every day life even if they do not love us in return. This is unconditional, Godly love and Godly love changes hearts and minds and souls.

Lord, help me be your Love to others and have the courage to hold firm to your Truth. Convict me when I turn away and teach me to choose wisely and act compassionately.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home