Petitions and Answers to Prayer
Well...took Morgan my rabbit to a vet dental expert. He had some good suggestions and better equipment than my regular vet. Everyone recommends him for serious dental surgeries. Morgan goes in for surgery at 10:00 am Tuesday morning so send him some angels and healing thoughts. He has tooth spurs (from his preference for pellets rather than hay) and maybe an abcess so we'll see if fixing those issues will clear up his infection. I never thought I'd own a rabbit and like him so much. He's such a sweet, cuddly boy. I asked him to keep his soul in his little body and stay with me. I think he likes me so maybe he'll stick around a little longer.
I've been reading a excellent book about the Holy Spirit and it was saying that when one accepts the Holy Spirit there is a spiritual connection between those who truly believe...the Body of Christ. I think that is what I am experiencing. Those who believe in and listen for God's guidance work together in response to the Body's needs. This is not a type of cliquish exclusivity, rather it's an organic reality.
Our pastor told us all the Sunday before last the church had started a help board. If we needed something we would put it on the board. I put a sticker on asking for an inexpensive car for my brother. I also prayed and asked God to provide a car if that was His will for my brother. Monday, a very nice man from the church called and left a message about a car. I got home late and couldn't call back. On Tuesday, a Christian man at my guitar slow jam asked, out of the blue, if anyone wanted a car. He had a really nice 80's car, one owner, with 4 new tires...was going to sell it for $1000 but felt God wanted him to offer it as a gift. He was asking $300. Uncharacteristically, I said I want a car. Mom and Dad bought it for Jon.
Another prayer was answered this week. On Sunday I prayed about whether I should stay part-time at the Catholic School where I've been subbing. Monday morning, Sister walked in, said the 1st grade teacher had quit and then, despite staff predictions and preferences, didn't offer me the job. Answer # 1 Then several people encouraged me to tell Sister I could probably pinch hit in Jan. since I wasn't starting my last 5 weeks of student teaching until Feb.. I prayed about this Sunday and Monday. I was getting a pretty clear message I wasn't supposed to stay at MSM but I wasn't sure if this what God really wanted or if it was what I wanted. I decided to tell Sister Tuesday afternoon that I could sub in Jan.. She was greatly relieved and said Thank You. An hour later, Sister walked in with a young teacher who she announced as Jennifer's replacement. This gal is eager to start in Jan... It seems pretty clear God wants me to find other employment.
The Franciscian monk I talked to at a silent retreat last month asked me how I prayed. I told him I waited and listened for God's guidance. He nodded and asked me if I ever expressed gratitude. That comment convicted me and I asked God to help me recognize His answers and gifts. Sontaneous praise is not an intellectual exercise but an authentic response. Praise God for his many blessings.
I've been reading a excellent book about the Holy Spirit and it was saying that when one accepts the Holy Spirit there is a spiritual connection between those who truly believe...the Body of Christ. I think that is what I am experiencing. Those who believe in and listen for God's guidance work together in response to the Body's needs. This is not a type of cliquish exclusivity, rather it's an organic reality.
Our pastor told us all the Sunday before last the church had started a help board. If we needed something we would put it on the board. I put a sticker on asking for an inexpensive car for my brother. I also prayed and asked God to provide a car if that was His will for my brother. Monday, a very nice man from the church called and left a message about a car. I got home late and couldn't call back. On Tuesday, a Christian man at my guitar slow jam asked, out of the blue, if anyone wanted a car. He had a really nice 80's car, one owner, with 4 new tires...was going to sell it for $1000 but felt God wanted him to offer it as a gift. He was asking $300. Uncharacteristically, I said I want a car. Mom and Dad bought it for Jon.
Another prayer was answered this week. On Sunday I prayed about whether I should stay part-time at the Catholic School where I've been subbing. Monday morning, Sister walked in, said the 1st grade teacher had quit and then, despite staff predictions and preferences, didn't offer me the job. Answer # 1 Then several people encouraged me to tell Sister I could probably pinch hit in Jan. since I wasn't starting my last 5 weeks of student teaching until Feb.. I prayed about this Sunday and Monday. I was getting a pretty clear message I wasn't supposed to stay at MSM but I wasn't sure if this what God really wanted or if it was what I wanted. I decided to tell Sister Tuesday afternoon that I could sub in Jan.. She was greatly relieved and said Thank You. An hour later, Sister walked in with a young teacher who she announced as Jennifer's replacement. This gal is eager to start in Jan... It seems pretty clear God wants me to find other employment.
The Franciscian monk I talked to at a silent retreat last month asked me how I prayed. I told him I waited and listened for God's guidance. He nodded and asked me if I ever expressed gratitude. That comment convicted me and I asked God to help me recognize His answers and gifts. Sontaneous praise is not an intellectual exercise but an authentic response. Praise God for his many blessings.
Labels: Prayer

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home