The Love Challenge
I've been thinking about a blog I read this morning where a gal was saying her relationship counsellor advised those seeking relationships not to set standards that were so high they might intimidate a potential prospect. Hmmm. I see the point...if one's primary purpose in life is to find companionship and marriage. My problem, be it a blessing or a curse, is I can't lower my standards just to "get married". I've submitted to doing God's will as my primary purpose.
How could I know that when I opened my heart to Love, I entered a place I would have no desire to leave. By Grace, God allowed me to experience Love. Love, as I've experienced it, is a holy state of being that transcends the definition of relationship and also can be shared between two people who have made a spiritually based committment to each other. The depth and possibilities of such Love takes my breath away. This Love is complex and simple at the same time...human in the wholest, healthiest sense...passionate and peaceful...painful and joyful. It is the original from which all other aspects of love are but pale copies.
Why did God give me this experience. I was afraid of it. Was I afraid because I knew it would change me...shake me to my core...and I would never be the same again? Yes. Now, I compare every human interaction to Godly Love, a state of being that is beyond compare. It would be insincere to enter into less than a true Love relationship in marriage. It would be painful...perhaps unbearable...to accept less than Love. Why would I want less? And, though I have been cynical about the reality of Love for many years, I am now sure it is possible to be in Love with a husband in spiritual and physical union in and through Christ. If that's God's will for me, so be it. He works at his own speed and for greater purposes than we can understand.
Because I submitted to God, he's in a process of healing me to the degree to which I keep my heart open to Him. Love is healing me. I cannot see beyond this moment to understand His purpose. I have often cried asking God why he did this. I've decided He is currently challenging me to use this experience of Love as a touchstone to help me keep my heart open to those God has brought and is bringing into my life. This is a great challenge.
God help me forgive as I hope to be forgiven.
How could I know that when I opened my heart to Love, I entered a place I would have no desire to leave. By Grace, God allowed me to experience Love. Love, as I've experienced it, is a holy state of being that transcends the definition of relationship and also can be shared between two people who have made a spiritually based committment to each other. The depth and possibilities of such Love takes my breath away. This Love is complex and simple at the same time...human in the wholest, healthiest sense...passionate and peaceful...painful and joyful. It is the original from which all other aspects of love are but pale copies.
Why did God give me this experience. I was afraid of it. Was I afraid because I knew it would change me...shake me to my core...and I would never be the same again? Yes. Now, I compare every human interaction to Godly Love, a state of being that is beyond compare. It would be insincere to enter into less than a true Love relationship in marriage. It would be painful...perhaps unbearable...to accept less than Love. Why would I want less? And, though I have been cynical about the reality of Love for many years, I am now sure it is possible to be in Love with a husband in spiritual and physical union in and through Christ. If that's God's will for me, so be it. He works at his own speed and for greater purposes than we can understand.
Because I submitted to God, he's in a process of healing me to the degree to which I keep my heart open to Him. Love is healing me. I cannot see beyond this moment to understand His purpose. I have often cried asking God why he did this. I've decided He is currently challenging me to use this experience of Love as a touchstone to help me keep my heart open to those God has brought and is bringing into my life. This is a great challenge.
God help me forgive as I hope to be forgiven.
Labels: Love, Ruminations

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home