Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Loving Hillary

OK. So a friend challenged me tonight to be more loving in my attitude to Hillary Clinton and to those who have a different political agenda than my own. "Stop the negativity", they suggested. OK. I agreed. It's true...negativity is not a creative, open, loving energy. But how can I love Hillary? How can I forgive her and the other politicians I find myself despising for their lack of decency and misuse of the American people? Each day, as Hillary continues to fight Obama for the democratic nomination, I feel an increasing sense of outrage at the manipulations and lies I witness. I despair at the level to which so many seem to fall prey to media spin and cultural biases.

How can I look for the good in the insanity I see all around me?

I guess I need to pray for peace and a sense of release from what can only be fear. I must trust that God has a plan. I must remain responsive to what inspires me to ethical, social action but the foundation of that action must be love.

God teach me to love Hillary Clinton.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home